[Blindtlk] absolute pitch

Ron Poire rpoire at comcast.net
Fri Dec 25 01:06:33 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I don't know of any studies done to prove the point either way.
In my experience, the blind people I know, don't seem to have any
prevailance in absolute pitch.
I have very good relative pitch, and am stil a few hertz off when trying to
pull a string to the correct pitch.
Since I am a piano technician by trade, I will use my pitch perception to
put a new string in the ball park, or correct a piano's pitch with more than
a 1/4 tone deviance.
If a group of blind people prevail in having absolute pitch, that just
happens to be the way the ball bounces.

Merry Christmas,

Ron Poire RPT