[Blindtlk] NFB and Lions

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Jul 15 02:09:15 UTC 2009

There is a group of people in the NFB who meet at convention etc.,
that are Lions members.  We also have a listserv nfb-lions,
www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-lions_nfbnet.org

There are some people who have good success with their clubs,
districts etc.  However, just my opinion, but I would say in general
lions clubs haven't been big supporters of the  NFB.  They like to
help individuals with feel good stuff, and get their pictures in the
paper.  They are pretty divorced from the blindness community in most
instances -- just my opinion.

Individuals can change that though, so go for it.

Dave