[Blindtlk] Purpose of List

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Jun 1 00:26:47 UTC 2009

Hi:

Below is the official purpose of this list.  I think we have strayed
a little in the past few days, so please get back on topic.

David Andrews, Moderator

      The purpose of Blind Talk is for the Discussion of
general topics of interest to blind and visually impaired
persons, our friends and relatives and anyone else who is
interested.  Possible topics include, but are not limited to,
computers and adaptive access technology, Braille and Braille
literacy, cane travel, Guide Dogs, alternative techniques of
blindness, training centers, etc.  Blind Talk is intended to
promote the positive philosophy of blindness developed and
promoted by the National Federation of the Blind.  Blind Talk
also gives you access to the resources and information provided
by the International Braille and Technology Center for the Blind,
the world's largest demonstration and evaluation center for
computer technology used by blind persons.