[Blindtlk] Other "wrong" assumptions;Learning body language

Marty James blindamp at q.com
Tue Jun 2 02:30:38 UTC 2009

I had someone ask me once, If you are blind, how do you eat, you know, find
your mouth with your fork...?
I replied with, You can't see it, but I have a very fine fishing line around
my plate and the other end is around my front tooth. I just follow th line
up to my mouth.

He said, Wow, I can't even see the line...
Here's your sign!!
I had a friend who had a black Lab assistance dog. She was going through a
Wal-Mart checkout and the lady asked her if that was a blind dog? She told
her that yeah she was, but that she wore the glasses and led her around so
the dog would not lose confidence in itself...
Here's your sign!!

Marty
marty at theblindbean.com