[Blindtlk] soldering electronic parts

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 18:48:02 UTC 2009

Joel,

Wires are easy.  I suggest using wire joining methods that are
physically strong because they hold up better overall and make this
process much easier to accomplish.  Then, ake a piece of solder and
flatten it.  Now wrap the flattened solder around the joint to be
made.  Now all it takes to make a good solid solder joint is to have
a good clean and tinned iron tip.  Heat up the wire and the solder
will melt for a conveniently even coating.

If you need to solder boards, I suggest giving on doing it by hand.
Many a hobbyist has discovered the value of a modified toaster oven
for reflow soldering at home.

Joseph