[Blindtlk] Schools for the Blind vs. Education in Public School System

dlambert at aristotle.net dlambert at aristotle.net
Tue Jun 16 19:40:47 UTC 2009

Hi everyone:

Almost 10 days until convention. I'm very much excited about coming, especially since I haven't
been in two years.

But I wanted to pose a question that could possibly lead to some research later on.

In determine what type of education you would receive, were you given an opportunity to provide
input as to whether a school for the blind was a good option vs. an education in a public school
system. What were your experience in which ever educational setting you ended up in? Looking
back, what would you have changed or wanted to have happen?

Any input would be great. I'll provide my input publicly later on, but just wanted to get a feel
for the range of experiences people may have.

Thanks

Denna Lambert