[Blindtlk] can starting a Braille trascription make money?

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Mon May 4 13:17:23 UTC 2009

I think there is some money to be made, but many who think about it believe
their major cost will be for the embosser. Your major cost will be in time
and in getting someone to help you decide how to format a print document
meaningfully into Braille. Occasionally you will be able to scan a document
and produce a good copy, but for the things folks really need and are
willing to pay for, they want not just your scanner and embosser - they want
the time it takes to really format their document in a meaningful way. If
you bill them by the page, they will feel outraged because they will think
about the cost of paper, so bill them by the hour.