[Blindtlk] assumtions at the workplace

Kathleen Millhoff kmillhoff at gmail.com
Sun May 31 00:12:49 UTC 2009

I'm afraid I show a bit less restraint most of the time. Once a
student at the university said, "you remind me of my grandmother; you
can't tell your right from your left." and I said, "and up or down
either."
I've realized for a long time that sarcasm doesn't really make the
appropriate point, but I seem to persist in sending the wrong message
and not really educating a person. Sometimes, I just ignore comments
about blindness and pretend I don't know they're talking to me -, and
yes, another stereotype fulfilled.
But when people seem to genuinely want to understand or know
something, I'm all to willing to chat.

--
kathy millhoff - "Let each morn be better than its eve, and each
morrow richer than its yesterday."