[Blindtlk] Kapsys Signs an Agreement with Independent Living Aids

Stephen Guerra stephen at independentliving.com
Tue Nov 10 01:57:15 UTC 2009

KAPTEN, the first voice-controlled GPS, will be
distributed in the USA through Independent Living
Aids, retailer of blind, low vision, and hearing loss products.
http://www.prweb.com/images_v4/quote_left.gif
<http://www.independentliving.com>The Kapten
voice-controlled GPS is the most innovative
product developed for the blind and low vision community in recent years.
http://www.prweb.com/images_v4/quote_right.gif

Jericho, NY (<http://www.prweb.com/>PRWEB)
November 9, 2009 -- Kapsys, an innovative French
company and inventor of the first
voice-controlled GPS, announces a partnership
with Independent Living Aids, one of the largest
distributors of products for the blind and
visually impaired in the US. This agreement is
intended to develop distribution and market share
in the United States. Launched in October 2008 in
France, Kapten is currently distributed in
western European countries such as the UK, Spain,
Italy and Germany. Now, the first voice
interactive GPS for smart urbanites will be
available for larger networks of distribution in the US.
Kapten Personal GPS Voice Navigator
Kapten Personal GPS Voice Navigator

“Our collaboration with Independent Living Aids
sets the path of our development in the US. We
are confident that we have the right partner to
expand our distribution network in America”, says
Marc Tastayre, Kapsys’ Sales and Marketing Director.

Irwin Schneidmill, President of ILA says, “We are
excited to have this opportunity to work with
Kapsys. The Kapten voice-controlled GPS is the
most innovative product developed for the blind
and low vision community in recent years. We are
confident the Kapten will be well received and
anticipate tremendous sales in the US market.”

The revolution

§  Kapsys has revolutionized the market by
introducing the very first smart urban navigator with no screen.
§  The ultra-compact Kapten is 100% voice
interactive, weighs 50 g and has a credit card format.
§  Kapten is more than a GPS. It’s a multi-transport navigator.
§  Kapten adapts to the way you get around­on
foot, bicycle, motorcycle, public transportation
or car. It automatically adjusts your itinerary
and directs you using the navigation mode you
choose with a simple voice command.
§  Kapten is also an MP3 player, an FM radio and
a hands-free kit for your mobile phones.

About Kapsys
Created in 2007 by Aram Hekimian, Kapsys is a
young, innovative company based in Southeast
France. Kapsys designs, develops and markets
voice-centric solutions for personal mobility and
navigation. Kapsys launches Kapten, the first
voice GPS for smart urbanites featuring: multi
transport navigation, geo-tagging, audio guide,
MP3 player, FM radio, and community website platform.

790, avenue du Dr Maurice Donat - Le Marco Polo
A1, 06 250 Mougins Sophia Antipolis – France /
Tel : +33 4 92 28 88 88 / Fax : +33 4 92 28 88 89
/ <http://www.kapsys.com>www.kapsys.com

About Independent Living Aids, LLC
Independent Living Aids, LLC is the oldest
privately-held mail-order company in the United
States with products for individuals who are
visually impaired or blind. With over 30 years of
experience providing essential aids with superb
service, ila has become a trusted source of
products for this community. All items offered
are carefully selected, quality products sold at
reasonable prices. Helping customers remain
independent is the goal, and every item is chosen with that goal in mind.

200 Robbins Lane, Jericho, New York 11753 (516) 937-1848

###

Link: