[Blindtlk] Has anyone ever had this happen?

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 5 03:57:43 UTC 2010

Dear Jewel and All,

The point size has to be 14 point or larger to be considered large print
type and to qualify for "Free Matter for the Blind and Physically
Handicapped."
I have used this ability for over 20 years to send out monthly newsletters
to our chapter members and to send out notices to clients of the Division of
Blind Services.
I have sent out large print, and audio tape and computer disk and even a
little Braille materials over the years.
It is a good way to keep your chapter members informed and to get out
notices for action.
I have even written grants to get equipment to do it.
I have used the grants to buy paper, mailers, stamps for the "free Matter",
address labels, computers, printers, embossers,copiers, fax machines,toner
and ink, high speed audio tape duplicators, audio tapes blank, tape
recorders and eracers, software and even paid for the phone services to
provide it by e-mail.
A good newsletter can be a great tool in energizing your chapter and
affiliate.
If you want to know more, just ask.

David Evans, NFBF