[Blindtlk] Website Building Software

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 13 17:24:23 UTC 2010

Dear All,
    I am looking into what it would take for me to build my own website. I have a domain name and once had a Webmaster, but we have parted ways. I am not a very technically savvy person, so I am looking for packages that will allow me to manage my own site. I have looked into

HTTP://INTUIT.COM

and it looks pretty attractive, at least from a cost stand point. I have seen there are a couple of places in which there are links that seem to be graphical in nature without text that describes the link, so it causes me to wonder how blind-friendly the site is. They do offer a free trial, so I guess I could find out for myself if it is usable; however, I also thought there might be someone who could answer my question without the need for me to invest my time and energy only to be disappointed. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala