[Blindtlk] Jewel: Talking Thermometer

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:38:24 UTC 2010

My talking thermometer should arrive Monday at the latest. I received
a message today saying it's on its way and should be here Saturday,
Monday at the latest.

As soon as I receive it, I will test it and write up a review for my
blog. I will also send it to the list for everyone to read *smile*

The one I ordered comes from A to Z Adaptive Aids, for $37 (on sale).
It is advertised as going higher than 500 degress (I don't reemmber
the exact temperature), and can measure room temperature as easily as
cooking temperature. When it gets here, I'll bbe using it to test a
number of things (boiling water, meat, oven temperature, room
temperature, outside temperature, and if I can get the ingredients
together, temperature of boiling candy). I can't wait to test it out,
and I'll let y'all know how it goes!

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!