[Blindtlk] Grilling question

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 22 22:40:09 UTC 2010

Tom,
    I hope I will be able to help. You may have noticed a post I wrote to
Jewel concerning this same issue. As for your immediate question of grilling
with the top up or down, you may get some very different answers; however,
grilling over a flame is the same as grilling under a broiler, except that
the flame is on the bottom and the broiler heats from above. When grilling
over a flame, keep the lid up! If you are grilling any type of ground meat,
be sure the meat is well done. Bacteria forms only on the ouside of meat
and, when ground, the outside is also now on the inside. You can grill and
eat steaks rare because the heat kills the bacteria on the outside. To be on
the safe side, grill your burgers 5 - 7 minutes on each side, depending upon
how hot your grill is. HTH!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala