[Blindtlk] honoring Jane Lang because she is blind?

Robert J Smith rsmith247 at csc.com
Mon Aug 23 13:58:46 UTC 2010

Hi all.  I have no problem with Jane Lang's being honored by the Yankies
team.  she should have enjoyed that honoring completely.  And, also, maybe
she was being honored for several reasons, not just because she is a blind
fan.  Maybe she was being honored for her love and commitment to the team,
and for the number of games she attends.  Two hundred fifty games is a lot
of games!  And, I don't care if you're blind or sighted, you'll have to
admit that it is more difficult to take a two-hour subway ride 250 times
than it is to drive a car and get just where you want to go in maybe a
quarter or a third of the time.  I bet that if Kidrock invited Chasity
Jackson to come back stage for dinner or just a chat with a fan, she
wouldn't stand there and analyze "Well, I don't know, why is he inviting
me back here".  She'd probably put a jet pack on so she could get back
there as fast as possible.  Some things are just meant to be enjoyed and
remembered.

Bob Smith

delivery.
purpose.