[Blindtlk] Grilling question

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Aug 24 21:35:38 UTC 2010

As a matter of fact, one of the things done at our NFB centers is to do some
grilling and other chores that involve working with fire precisely to get
people over their fear of being burned. It's not thatanyone wishes to be
burned but (a) blindness doesn't increase one's risks assuming one is
careful and (b) we want to turn that fear into what might be termed healthy
respect for fire which still allows one to work with it. At the end of the
day, it becomes another lesson that blindness need not prevent us from
leading normal lives.

Mike