[Blindtlk] Travel, Drivers, and canes

Bonnie Lucas lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 20:18:19 UTC 2010

My experience with sighted folks, and I have had plenty, (laugh) is that
when they are looking, they generally aren't listening. The beeping things
are for blind folks. If you have small children, I would personally think
twice about taking them across truly questionable intersections. There just
isn't a simple answer when the bad intersection is out of your subdevision
and everything you want to go to is on the other side of that intersection.
I believe that someone else mentioned that sighted people probably don't
even cross it. Perhaps because it is such a short distance, you might
consider getting a cab just to get you across to the shopping. It might be
worth the expense.
Best of luck.
Bonnie Lucas