[Blindtlk] Inferiority complex with Disabilities

Mari Hunziker marihunziker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 19:05:47 UTC 2010

Hi NFBers,

Mari Hunziker here, I appreciate all the information and suggestions that
Gary, and the others have given me. I contacted TxDOT and finally got a hold
of the gentleman in charge. My crosswalks will be installed in September. He
said that they are going to be doing some remodeling of the streets around
my neighborhood. I am so excited. I never realized how rural my neighborhood
was until I was stripped of the transportation access system. Its been about
3 years and boy does time fly. I don't ever cross the major streets
especially after I've had my kids. I usually get rides to places I need to
go. And if I don't have a ride I don't go especially if it is a place
further than the things in my side of the neighborhood. The gentleman at
TxDOT also told me that they will be building a grocery store close by. So I
will definitely want to learn the route to walk their from my home. I
apologize for not writing sooner and if this sounds a bit like I'm rambling.
I just have a few minutes to send this.
I have decided in reading all the comments and suggestions, that It would
greatly benefit my life, my children, and my husband if I met more blind
people. Can anyone tell me where and when the chapter meetings are for
Austin TX. I believe that would be the closest city that should have a
chapter. I also feel that with some of my experiences I could be an asset to
this organization. Thank you so much. I better go for now. My kids are
running a muck. Talk soon.

Thank you so much,
Mari Hunziker
DRT Knowbility's Access Works