[Blindtlk] Introduction from a new member

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 16:29:09 UTC 2010

Dear David,

Thank you for the welcome! Jack sounds great. What was that, he's a
cross between a golden retriever and a labrador? I think that's what I
read. That's neat. What does he look like, a golden boy or a lab boy?

Are you truly a nuclear and aeroscience engineer? That's sooo cool. I
thought of getting into something like that, but I hate math, so that
wouldn't work, even though I'm pretty good at math. How did you decide
on that career, and do you ever teach or mentor at the NFB Youth Slam?
There's one coming up again this July/August. I bet someone like you
would really show children that science is fascinating and that they
should get involved!

Don't worry, the NFB is my new home. I'm never leaving, even if they
try to kick me out! If they do that, I'll just be the lurker in the
corners, trying to be the black sheep party crasher *giggle* No, I'm
not a troublemaker, promise. I'm really involved with my local group,
as greeter at the meetings, recruiter, and as of today I have a new
job as interviewer for the monthly newsletter! Our president just
called me today and told me that she's going to let me give it a try,
and may even let me put a short article about an item I blog about and
a link to my blog in the newsletter. She says my writing and my
passion are great. Of course, our president has kinda taken me under
her wing as her second daughter *grin* Her teenage daughter and I are
friends, and everyone says we look and sound like sisters...we've even
had a sisterly fight LOL

Glory, glory Federation!
~Jewel