[Blindtlk] Introduction from a new member

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 11 01:09:08 UTC 2010

Dear Jewel,

Welcome to the list.
I have my new, and first, guide dog from South east Guide Dogs in Florida.
His name is Jack and he is a drop dead gorgeous Goldadoor.  He is a real
chick magnet, according to everyone I meet.
I was a White Cane driver for over 25 years, but decided I would give a
guide dog a try.  I could travel anywhere with my cane, but thought that a
dog might give me some advantages in certain things.  It has.
My dog Jack can find doors, elevators, escalators, stairs, a chair, counter,
table and can even help find things in a restroom.
It is nice to have company when I travel and he certain breaks the ice
around new people.
He has changed my life, or at least the way I do a lot of things I did
before.
I hope that what ever you do you stay involved in the Federation and embrace
its philosiphy.
I have never let my blindness stop me from doing the things I want to do. I
wish you all of the best in what you want to do.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.
Nuclear/Aerospace Materials Engineer
Builder of the Lunar Rovers and the F-117 Stealth Fighter