[Blindtlk] ernestly seeking advice about sleep irregularities

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue May 25 02:06:15 UTC 2010

Hi, Robert.

In a word: exercise, exercise, exercise. In another word: keep an absolutely
rigidly regular schedule. Try your best to program yourself to the clock.

AS for the exercise, although there are a few exceptions, most of the blind
persons whom I know that have had sleep problems weren't doing hard,
physical labor and/or were not employed and, hence, weren't keeping regular
schedules. I'm thinking in particular of one lady who had trouble sleeping
until she became employed working in a nursery school from nine to five.
Voila! By the time she got home, she was tuckered out enough that her sleep
problems vanished.

Oh yes -- one more thing: have you been tested for sleep apnea?

Mike