[Blindtlk] Packing for my move?

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Wed Nov 3 12:22:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

When in doubt, label everything.  If there are papers you don't have time to
go through, bag them up or box them up and label them something like "Desk
Papers," or "Desk Papers To Organize."

Little items will go great in ziplock baggies, but in your box labels, be as
detailed as you need to be.  If you don't have time to do all that, just
make labels like "Kids' Room," "Living Room," "Johnny's Room," etc.  One
time when we made a move, I also numbered all the boxes and made myself a
list.  Later when I couldn't find something, I just looked for the item on
mhy list, read the box number, and went searching.  It worked out great.
That was the move I had everything braille labeled, but forgot to put on
print labels for the movers.  We all had a good laugh about that, including
the movers, and they kept aiming box ends at me  going, "What's this one?"

Warning:  If you are using a moving company, they no longer let you pack
liquid solvents or sprays, such as cleaners, and you may not pack liquids
such as liquid soap, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, syrup, etc.  The reasoning is
that you share a van with other households, and leaking liquids or frozen
solvents can cause damage.

Hope this hellps.