[Blindtlk] bread!

Bonnie Lucas lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 17:20:31 UTC 2010

Hello Tom,
When I was a high school student, many years ago, I became friends with a
girl who came from a very large family. In her family, the older children
took turns making bread each week. They did not have a mixer and everything
was done by hand. I decided to start making bread. It helped that I was at
her house when she made it once but I didn't really do much to mix it. With
all the information on the internet nowadays, you could easily google
"mixing bread by handk," and find some very useful information. This is what
I would do for starters. Then you can ask questions after you have read what
it like to make bread. You could likely do this for any kind of cooking
technique that you would like to learn about. Yeast bread, though it takes
sometime, is not really so hard to do. Also, as has been mentioned before,
the Cooks List would be a great list for you to join as they are always
talking about various cooking techniques. I love  making bread and have done
it for many years, though, now when I do it, I now have a very good mixer.
However, I made it for many years by hand. Making yeast bread is a great way
to make friends because people love home-made bread! Good luck.
Bonnie Lucas