[Blindtlk] audio books was Grocery shopping, and transportation questions

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Mon Oct 18 11:31:51 UTC 2010

Mari,

I have a Victor Stream, but what I find I am using the most lately is the
NLS digital player.  It's portable, although it wouldn't fit in a pocket.
It's completely free.  The library will send you book cartridges of your
choosing, although I almost always download books onto a USB flash drive
myself.

I guess it really depends on what types of books you are going to be reading
because certain machines only play certain formats.  I read mainly NLS BARD
books with Audible as my second choice.  I don't have a Bookshare membership
and I haven't borrowed a book from RFB&D since college.  The NLS player
won't play Audible books so I listen to those on the computer or the Stream.

Sorry if this is making things more complicated.  Just wanted to toss out
some ideas for you.

Julie