[Blindtlk] New Member

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 19 16:31:19 UTC 2010

Hello Judy. I hope I'm not so far behind on this list that somebody hasn't
already answered this question for you. Some banks have difficulty because
they want to know your earned income and will not consider Social Security
or other forms of public aid as such. More often, however, the problem is
that the bank is making you a loan based on the fact that it has collateral.
If they sell you a car, they know where they can sell it if you default. If
they make you a loan on a BrailleNote, they can't go down to the local
hardware store and figure out what it's worth. They can't easily run an
advertisement in the paper and have a lot of people show up on the County
Court steps to make a bid. That is why NFB loans are so attractive. We
expect you to meet the normal standards for people requesting a loan, but we
don't hold the collateral you are buying against you.

Gary