[Blindtlk] Signing Your Name.

Bernadetta Pracon bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Fri Apr 15 18:56:58 UTC 2011

Hi Mary,
First of all, blind or not, a person should know how to sign their own
name. No excuses. lol. I have been totally blind all my life and I had
to learn to sign my name when I was seven. I use a signiture guide
because I, too, write at an angle; That's what they make them for.
There's no shame in having to use a signiture guide. There is, rather,
something a little embarrassing perhaps, about not being able to sign
ones name. Most of us, totally blind included, know how to.  Maybe you
could relay that to him in that way. Perhaps in a slightly more
sensative manner though, I suppose.
That being said, signing with the letter X is a legally binding
signiture. Maybe he could do that instead. Although, I don't know if
that necessarily applies to the IRs.

In any case, you are totally right, and I wish you luck in trying to
convince him that that is true.

Best wishes,

Bernadetta