[Blindtlk] Signing Your Name.

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Apr 15 21:23:50 UTC 2011

Could it be that your husband feels embarrassed or intimidated by the idea
of learning a totally new skill?  Sometimes when people are very
uncomfortable with something they lash out in anger or defiance to cover up
their perceived inadequacy.   No idea if this is the case for your husband,
but thought I'd toss it out there to ponder.

Maybe it would be helpful for another blind guy to demonstrate  how he
manages signing his name.   Or you could bring up the topic in a general way
among a group of blind peers so it would be discussed without specific
pressure being put on your husband.   Sometimes we just need to hear things
from a different perspective for it to sink in.

HTH
Julie