[Blindtlk] Blindness Misperceptions from kids

nikki Wunderlich nikki0222 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:20:01 UTC 2011

Hello,

My name is Nikki and I encounteredsome of the same stuff you're talking
about, so when I was younger, I used to do blindness presentations at the
public school that I used to attend. And even as an adult I've done one or
two blindness presentations to help kids learn about blindness and some of
the different things we use in our daily life such as the white cane,
computers with speech software, electronic note takers such as the Braille
lite, ect. Then after I do my presentation I let them ask questions, and I
answer them to the best of my ability. When I am in public and some one asks
me about my cane, I simply tell them that my eyes do not work as well as
theirs, and that my cane helps me see. I hope this helps you out.