[Blindtlk] To Drive or not to Drive: that is the question

Desiree Oudinot turtlepower17 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 18:36:39 UTC 2011

It's not that our lives aren't complete, it's more of the fact that a
door will open to so many new possibilities if we can drive. That's
not to say we don't, can't or shouldn't get the job done in other
ways. This same argument can be applied to any technological
advancement. Some people wonder how we ever did things without
computers, telephones, TV'S, radios etc. Some can't imagine living
without their IPhones. This isn't limited to the blind, this is a
question about how society copes with changes. But with regards to the
blind being able to drive, it would be a big step in the direction of
complete independence.