[Blindtlk] To Drive or not to Drive: that is the question

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 14:30:29 UTC 2011

one thing that I think is a bit of a  devideing point in how strongly
one might feel about the matter, is where you live.  If you live in an
area where public transportationis  a major   resource for you, then
maybe drivingis not so much a  big deal.  If you live inchicago, or
D.C. or New York or  the Bay Area, it might even be an advantage to
take public transport.   Assuming  that  everything is equil regarding
cost for  the car for sighted and blind folks, it still may be cheaper
to  travel by public transport and easier not  to  have to worry about
parking, than it would be otherwise. But if you live in rural texas,
mississippi, Montana and the like, the car is probablyway more
advantagious.  So it's interesting the point of views people have. and
how people maydefine independence, full life, and  those sort of
strong statements.

  Darian