[Blindtlk] open book

chris nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 02:04:59 UTC 2011

Hi Ron,

All you have to do in Kurzweil to scan wants it loads is press F9.
Also, once a document is scanned, you can save it by pressing Control
S like you would in Word. Then keep tabbing through the options and
select the folder, file type, etc. Then, you come to the real
intimidating part... the tree view. If you don't have some experience
with screen readers, tree views can be a little tricky, but it's easy
once you learn it. In a tree view, keep down arrowing and it will show
you everything in the tree view. If an option or area is closed, hit
right arrow to open it and you'll see everything in that area. Keep
tabbing, and hit space on the save button. That's all you have to do
in Kurzweil! If you need more help, please let me know off list at
dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com! Hope this helps!

Chris

--
Chris Nusbaum

"The real problem of blindness is not the loss of eyesight. The real
problem is the misunderstanding and lack of education that exists. If
a blind person has the proper training and opportunity, blindness can
be reduced to a mere physical nuissence." -- Kenneth Jernigan

Visit the I C.A.N. Foundation online at: www.icanfoundation.info for
information on our foundation and how it helps blind and visually
impaired children in MD say "I can!"