[Blindtlk] talking caller ID units anyone?

Ray Foret Jr rforetjr at att.net
Sat Dec 3 03:12:02 UTC 2011

Okay.

As I reckon maybe y'all all know by now, Classco is no longer making the 9900CW talking caller ID unit.  Even though one can still find some old stock of such units, I'm after a replacement for the unit I have now.  The buttons are practically impossible to press, and, the speaker has absoutely had it.  I'm told that Panasonic and VTech make phones with caller ID which talks; but, all I really need is a seperate talking caller ID box.  I don't want to give up using this push button phone from the 1970's just to have talking caller ID.  I thought that perhaps I saw an Emerson unit that might work;  however, ILA informs me that the Emerson would not be a terribly good choice for a blind dude.  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

Now a very proud and happy Mac user!!!