[Blindtlk] Talking thermometers

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 23:32:13 UTC 2011

Hello,

If anyone has bought a thermometer from the NFB independence market, can he
or she tell me which, if more than one, thermometers are better in terms of
their accessibility, including how they're like and how they talk the
numbers? Are they more expensive or cheaper than a regular thermometer? Are
there any recommendations for any specific thermometer for taking body
temperature? I ask this because I've never seen an accessible thermometer
for the blind before. I think it'll be nice to have a fever and be able to
take my temperature independently without getting sighted assistance;
besides I won't live with Mom and Dad all my life.