[Blindtlk] OS10 voice over compared to JAWS and other Screen Readers

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Dec 11 17:38:56 UTC 2011

Mary:

It very-much depends upon what you want the computer to do. Pay attention to
what Ray says: you can't directly compare the way software is implemented on
Apple machines with the ways we are used to doing things under windows.

The bottom line is what tasks you're trying to accomplish and whether
software under Windows or Apple's various operating systems accomplish said
tasks best for your situation. I still use (and chose to use) Windows-based
software in that many of my interactions involve others using such software.
But if that's not a constraint, you should definitely take Ray's advice and
look at (and, if possible) play with a Mac and listen to Mike arigo's
podcasts.

And I own, use and like and iPhone so the above is not an anti-Apple
diatribe.

Mike Freeman