[Blindtlk] Making our home comfortable for sighted folks

Sheila Leigland sleigland at bresnan.net
Sat Dec 17 18:33:20 UTC 2011

I'm totally blind and so is my husband. Our son is sighted so we are use to trying to make our home comfortable for both. I think the lines can be drawn at safety issues for the blind individual. I donnnn't have a hd tv. Our son doesn't think it is a big deal. My appliances are labeled and he can still run them. Furniture is placed so that people can watch tv but that also had to work in the design of the room. I wouldn't make extravagant changes for the sake of sight alone and if people are there infrequently or almost never I wouldn't do it at all.

Sheila Leiglan	d