[Blindtlk] Making our home comfortable for sighted folks

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 19:04:18 UTC 2011

Actually, some of the changes I want to make will work well for me, as my TV
idea would benefit me in that I'd be able to run more things like a DVD
player, VCR, etc, with fewer remotes.  Also, I've wanted a recliner for a
long time, and we'd have to move things anyway in order to make it fit.
Finally, as a very very amateur musician, this is a great space for getting
together with friends and having jam sessions.  My music partners also
rehearse here because of the space and because it's local and available.
So, I'm not just doing it for the sighted folks that are here.  I did,
however, begin thinking about how they accommodate to me in ways and perhaps
I could do the same to a small degree.
Jim