[Blindtlk] Making our home comfortable for sighted folks

Constance Canode satin-bear at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 19 06:18:48 UTC 2011

My first husband was totally blind and we still hung pictures.  My
husband now is legally blind but a pretty high partial and we still
have pictures, especially our wedding pictures and I have one old
picture that I treasure.  It is picture of myself when I was about 2
years old with my father.  It is the only picture of him that I have
and just knowing it is there brings me joy.  My parents divorced a
couple of years later and he passed away when I was in high
school.  It is an old black and white, but I paid a fortune for the
frame and well worth it.  As for plants, forget it.  I have killed so
many plants that if plant murder were illegal, I would surely be in a
small cell wearing a number.  I have a perpetual black thumb of doom
and even though I have tried to do all of the right things, the only
thing I have ever grown is weeds and somehow they just don't look
good on your window sill.