[Blindtlk] National Federation of the Blind SecuresCourtRulingAgainst Cardtronics

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 04:07:28 UTC 2011

It's entirely possible that I've read some out-of-date articles,
because I did do some research awhile back and was more than a
little bit put off by what I read.  I can telly that where I
live--Nashville Tennessee--some of the street envirnments are not
terribly pedestrian friendly, with some streets not having a
shoulder.  This means that both tactile domes at the street level
as well as audible signals come in very handy, and "level the
playing field" for blind people in the area.  The audible signals
I use are very sensible and it's very clear which street is being
signaled and when/if there is traffic.  Like I said, the
information I read may be out-of-date, so if it is I apologize.
But I have found nothing but help in audible signals on some
tricky intersections (and even was lucky enough to help get one
installed on a bad intersection near where I live.)

Kelby