[Blindtlk] I wonder if anyone elss who is blind feels like I do

Tony C. tcolon1955 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 21:25:50 UTC 2011

  Hi all,
Just want to chime in on this very interesting conversation.  I am 55 and I
was married for a few years, I at one time had some vision which I have lost
to RP.  After some years my lack of sight caused problems in my marriage.
No, I refuse to place all the blame on that.  I strongly believe that a
visually impaired or totally blind man or woman have plenty to offer in a
relationship.

I recall on more then one occasion telling my wife she was beautiful only to
hear her say, "How would you know, you can't see me."  Well,  to bad for her
since the picture I had in my heart and mind of her was very beautiful.  You
see, since I had lost my sight I remember everyone as they looked back in
the day, so she will forever stay young.  We are now divorced, but we still
talk.  She has tried other relationships with sighted men which have turned
out pretty bad, go figure.

Tony C.