[Blindtlk] Any suggestions?

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 23:53:13 UTC 2011

My O and M teacher uses a term called "tether traffic." This is
traffic (especially louder ones, like trucks or busses) that you
can follow the noise of to point you in the right direction,
almost as if that traffic has a string, or tether, attached to
you.  This came in very handy for me when I had to cross a
driveway for our local fire house the other day without any grass
or sidewalk to shoreline.  It just happened that when I was
lining up to cross, a big Coke (as in Coka Colla) truck was
driving on my parallel street.  Because this truck had a loud
noise, I could use it as tether traffic to follow and stay on
course, eventually finding the grassy shoreline of the sidewalk.
Hope this helps!

 Chris

The I C.A.N.  Foundation helps visually impaired youth in
Maryland have the ability to confidently say "I can!" How? Click
on this link to learn more and to contribute:
www.icanfoundation.info or like us on Facebook at I C.A.N.
Foundation.

 Sent from my BrailleNote