[Blindtlk] jaws and Jaws professional

Rex leslie Howard, Jr. rex at littlelaw.com
Wed Jul 13 19:30:17 UTC 2011

I'm hoping that I am sending this back to the right group. I think this
question about Jaws came from this group but I accidentally deleted the
e-mail so I couldn't reply to it directly.

Here is a description of Jaws standard and Jaws professional from the
Freedom Scientific website.

I will say here that I use Jaws standard with windows XP Professional and
have had no real problems but perhaps Jaws professional would work better
with Windows XP professional.

JAWS 64-bit Standard can be used with 64-bit versions of Windows 7 Home
Premium, Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Home Basic.

JAWS 32-bit Standard can be used with 32-bit versions of Windows 7 Home
Premium, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Home Basic, and Windows
XP Home.

JAWSR for Windows screen reading software provides PC access to all your
Microsoft applications, from Office to Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox.
Includes everything you need to get started fast: talking installation, two
speech synthesizers for reading the screen aloud, and DAISY-formatted basic
training.

JAWS 64-bit Professional can be used with all 64-bit versions of Windows 7,
Windows VistaR and Windows 2008 Server.

JAWS 32-bit Professional can be used with the following 32-bit operating
systems: all 32-bit versions of Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Professional, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows 2008
Server, and Windows 2003 Server.