[Blindtlk] [nabs-l] Fw: SenateIntroducesIndependentLivingAdministration

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Thu Jul 14 12:44:19 UTC 2011

In fact, we haven't waited until now to act upon it. If you go back and read the Monitor during the seventies and eighties, and as recently as five or six years ago, you will find articles dealing with it, and actions the NFB has taken. Refferences include the Kettering Case, the Houston Lightyhouse, the Chicago Lighthouse, several Florida lighthouses, the Miniapolis Society for the Blind, Utah Industries for the blind and others. The late Richard Edlund was a leader in this area. We once partnered with the Teamsters union to get union representation for exploited workers in workshops. If my memory is right, it was the subject of some work from Washihgton Seminars.