[Blindtlk] [nabs-l] Fw: SenateIntroducesIndependentLivingAdministration

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Jul 14 15:33:50 UTC 2011

Actually, we have tried to deal with subminimum wages in various ways for a long time.  What is new this year is the inclusion of some of the subminimum
wage language and processes in what we think of as the rehab act.  As I understand it, the intention is to provide a procedure to follow if a rehab customer
is placed in a situation where the subminimum wage is to be paid, but it also provides a sort of default that allows such placements to happen as a part of
the rehabilitation process which is new.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 06:19:51 -0400, cheryl echevarria wrote:

>I don't think many realize that it has been there since 1938, not all establishments know about it, but some of the state services for the blind do, as well as
other disabilities as well.

>We are trying to have it removed all together and not re-elected upon.

>My questions is on this, and my husband has the same issue. If it has been there since 1938, they why have we waiting until 2011 to fight on it.

>I was at convention, and my husband who is not blind was watching our convention streaming online, and mind you I definitely am behind having removed
from the Workforce laws, but at the same time, why wait this long.

>Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

>Cheryl Echevarria
>http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
>631-456-5394
>reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

>Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Montrose Travel CST-1018299-10

>Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.

unable to work and that we are feared and pitied. That is not acceptable and must be vetoed.