[Blindtlk] Guide Dog Training in College

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 21:48:48 UTC 2011

Hi, list.

I know this may be a better question for the NAGDU list, but
since I don't have adog I'm not currently subscribed there.  I'm
considering applying for a dog from Leaderdogs for the Blind in
Rochester, Michigan.  I've not made a final decision yet, but
there is one thing that's very important.  I'm starting college
this fall, and would ideally like to train and receive a guide
dog in the summer.  Leaderdogs says they will take preferences
into account, but cannot guarantee a spot at a certain time.
Will they at least try to make it so that I can train during the
summer without being forced to miss any college?