[Blindtlk] Guide Dog Training in College

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 28 00:56:31 UTC 2011

Kelby,
    First of all, the NAGDU list is not only for current guide dog users,
but is open to anyone interested in guide dog related issues. A fairly large
number of subscribers are not guide dog handlers but considering it. We also
have a few puppy raisers and trainers.
    There is nothing wrong with applying to other programs to see which will
best meet your expectations. Such expectations may include scheduling your
training around your school. I am quite certain that The Seeing Eye and
Guide Dog Foundation would definitely work with you on this schedule,
especially since you are looking at one year out. If you would like to chat
with me personally about this, please feel free to give me a call. My
contact information is below my signature.

fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG