[Blindtlk] Frisbee

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 7 14:48:24 UTC 2011

Dear All,

There are several sizes and types of beeping balls and stuff.
Beep is very popular and can be played by blind people with either sex and
even different ages.
Some areas have organized Beep Baseball or Goal Ball teams and you can get
your local parks and reek departments to help you start or organize such
teams.
The rules can be modified for teams of different sizes or age groups so that
all can play and just have some fun.
Beeper units can be attached to goal post to give directional info to
players for a game of modified soccer.   The beeper units can also be
attached to post or large trash cans for a game of Frisbee golf, where you
lay out a course with large trash cans, with beepers on them and then either
use a beeper ball or a beeper Frisbee and the object is to throw the beeper
ball or Frisbee and either hit the trash can or get the ball or Frisbee into
the can with the fewest number of throws.
I once even saw an obstacle course set up with beepers, where the blind
person had to listen and find the beepers, locate the obstacle and get past
it and then find the next beeper and obstacle.  Some of the obstacles were
gates, doors, large pipe they had to crawl through and things they had to
duck under.   They also attached large print signs and signs with Braille on
them to also give the Blind person instructions as to what to do also.  The
beepers were attached to the signs.

I have even seen an "Easter Egg" hunt done with beepers for small Blind
children and prizes given for finding the "eggs."
The ATT Pioneers constructed small beepers using a small plastic box, a
battery, switch and a beeper that could make multiple beeper sounds.  Most
of the parts to put them together were bought at Radio Shack.

I am sure that there are other games that can be modified or invented for
Blind people to play using beepers and such, these have just been a few I
know of.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.
How about a team of blind kids wearing beepers and armed with Super soakers
or paint ball guns.  That could be wild, but fun.