[Blindtlk] Broken cctv

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 23:01:40 UTC 2011

There are many people out there like David who have base model CCTVs
without all of the fancy bells and whistles younger people tend to
look for.  If you're near David in Florida, he might have the best
bet for you and a good price to boot.

My needs, being more in line with the younger crowd since I am, well,
younger *grin* would not be met by such a device.  However, since I
generally always work at the computer, my best bet might just be a
lot cheaper.  It's the IPEVO P2V document camera, which can be found
on the IPEVO website here: http://is.gd/QT31PI

What you’d likely be missing from an analog CCTV is an X/Y table and
an integrated light source.  I’m also much prefer a stand like the
one sold for the ZoomEx camera.  But at $70, it’s between a quarter
and a tenth the cost of its similarly-classed competition.  I can
imagine better software than will come with it—something utilizing
false color, some creative "non-traditional" window shape features
for on screen display, multi-touch gesture controls from a trackpad,
freeze frame, snapshot, a snapshot browser with assignable category
tags, etc.

Amusingly enough, writing software that will do most of that is
apparently pretty easy on the Mac if you know how to use all of the
APIs that do most of that stuff for you.  Unfortunately, I don’t.  :(

Joseph