[Blindtlk] Florida Council of the Blind Chapter development andFlorida Council of the blind students organization development

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 09:40:37 UTC 2011

After that stunt, I fear his business venture is doomed to failure.
He’s likely to be successful, write up a patent application for his
invention, and then hand it to a Freedom Scientific exec for his
advice before filing.

I’m sure he’d also leave the "Applicant’s Name" field blank and tell
the exec that he won’t be filing it for at least a few days.

Aside from the problems associated with coming up with an affordable
Braille display (a few large players own patents on anything you
might try!) the components of an average notetaker are pretty similar
to those in the average iPod or smartphone.  Which is why I figure
that long-term, the notetaker is likely to be replaced by things like
Bluetooth Braille devices.  It won’t make sense to do otherwise at
some point down the line.

Joseph