[Blindtlk] cell phone with talking menus and text reading capability

Rex leslie Howard, Jr. rex at littlelaw.com
Wed Jun 22 16:30:56 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I should probably subscribe to one of the tech talk lists but haven't done
so yet.

I am a U.S. cellular user and I have an LG phone. It speaks caller ID to me
and a few other things but the menus do not talk and it does not read text
messages. I was wondering if anyone knows about a cell phone that has
talking menus and text reading capabilities that works with U.S. Cellular. I
don't use phones for web access or anything so I don't need a full speech
access program for my phone, just a phone that will independently speak some
menus and perhaps read text messages for me.

Does anyone know of such a phone?