[Blindtlk] is the sun out?

Robert J Smith rsmith247 at csc.com
Fri Mar 4 20:47:07 UTC 2011

Hi all -- I have occasionally also been asked the question "do you know
when the sun is out" (or something like it).  I find this rather amusing
because there are two big ways one can tell if the sun is out, heat and
light and a lot of each one!  People who ask that type of question must be
so unconscious of the sun's wonderful warmth that they don't think about
that way of telling when it is out.  When I have been asked that question,
I feel like saying "Yes, I can feel its heat, can't you?"  How can a
person not think about a feeling of physical warmth that is all around
them or at least covering most of the entire front of their body?  As
Spock says, "Most illogical".

Bob Smith