[Blindtlk] Telescoping canes

Sean Moore sean.moore at mediacombb.net
Wed Mar 23 22:07:45 UTC 2011

>From

Ellen Ringlein
Manager, Independence Market
----- Original Message -----
  From: Ringlein, Ellen
  To: Sean Moore
  Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:59 PM
  Subject: RE: new model NFB canes

  Our new canes are currently available in straight fiberglass  and in telescoping and straight carbon fiber models.  All these canes are very light and well balanced.

  The straight canes have a black handle with a somewhat cushiony feel, wich makes the handle perhaps a little easier to hold on to.  The new carbon fiber telescoping cane does not have this type of handle.  The screw-on cap for the carbon fiber telescoping cane has been redesigned and should be sturdier than for the older cane models.  The telescoping canes also no longer have a separate cane stopper which holds the cane closed.  Instead our tips have been redesigned and they now serve the dual purpose of being the tip and the cane stopper.

  We are in the process of phasing out our fiberglass telescoping canes.  So we don't have a new model in stock.

  I hope this answers your questions.

  Since we still have some older style canes in stock, please specify that you wish to receive a new cane, when placing an order.

  Cordially,

  Ellen Ringlein
  Manager, Independence Market
  Jernigan Institute